Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Download the recipe. (PDF)
Makes 12 muffins; serving size 1 muffin
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup ground flaxseed or wheat germ
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
2 large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup canola oil
1/3 cup 1% low-fat milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly oil or coat 12 muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
2. Whisk together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, wheat germ, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
3. Combine the bananas, eggs, sugar, oil, milk, and vanilla in a medium bowl and stir until well blended. Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake about 20 minutes, or until the muffins are light golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes. Remove the muffins and cool an additional 5 minutes before serving. To make 24 mini muffins, bake about 14 minutes.
220 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated, 1.0g omega-3), 140mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 4g protein
This entry last modified on: February 1, 2013 2:55 PM
About the Video
Most muffins are made with white flour, sugar, butter and not much more. But these banana chocolate chip muffins are chock full of nutrients and fiber to get your morning started right.